Thursday, August 20, 2009

Aneurysm... I mean, really? come on!

I went to see the nephrologist yesterday (Weds) about the PKD and we just asked all of our questions and he asked his. He then asked if I got headaches, I said occasionally, but nothing serious. He decided I needed to get a brain CT scan, because PKD can cause aneurysms. I tried to talk him out of it, thinking it was no big deal of course.. but he insisted.
So he called me this morning around 10am to let me know that I actually have a large aneurysm in my brain that needs to be taken care of immediately. He said it's big enough that it could rupture, but it could be 1 or 2 days, or 2 weeks. So I'm currently waiting for the neurosurgeon to call me and schedule the surgery. I was told my nephrologist talked directly to the neurosurgeon that he wanted, so I would be seen quickly. I don't really have much other info besides that right now.
Any prayers would be greatly appreciated, and so many thanks in advance.

5 comments:

  1. Jeanette...wow, I am so sorry. We will definately keep you in our prayers. Do you need any help with the kids?? I'd be happy to help in any way I can. Let me know and good luck!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly believe you have yet one more complication added to your list. We will keep you in our prayers. Thanks so much for keeping us all informed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you in Ogden. We love you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am so sorry Jeanette, and will pray for you and your family. If there is anything I can do please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear. We will also be praying for you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete