Sunday, August 2, 2009

Food glorious food!

I decided I don't want to deal with kidney failure and die anytime soon, so I'm going to do all I can to prevent more cysts and keep my kidneys as healthy as possible.

So on PKdiet.com it has some awesome lists of exactly what I should and should not eat, as well as some helpful recipes (thank goodness!)
I will be going on an "Alkaline Diet", which will be about 80% Alkaline and 20% Acid, neutral protein (0.6gms a day) and low sodium (1/8 tsp a day, or about 1200 mg), no sugar, plus 3 liters of water a day.
To sum it all up in a nutshell.. I'll be a major vegetarian and pretty much eat fruit and veggies all day long.. at least I'll get super fit right? haha

I can't have any of the following foods:

Wheat
yeast (so no bread, unless it's made someway without yeast, and sugar, and wheat.)
chocolate
dairy (although I can allow myself 1 oz. of cheese now and then if I really want.. that's the size of a dice)
meat
anything acidic (other than lemons and pineapple, properties in them are super beneficial and outweigh the cons)
You can go here http://www.pkdiet.com/pages/diet/dietalkalinelist.htm if you'd like to see more of what the list of good/bad foods are. Pretty fun! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment